Thursday, June 14, 2012

Brooklyn Photo of the Week: people's pops

Photo © Valery Rizzo

Co-founder Joel Horowitz and Rue Snider of people's pops serving up fresh fruit pops and shave ices to a constant line of people at the Brooklyn Flea.

I don't know why but I still prefer The Brookyln Flea in Clinton Hill to Smorgasburg in Billyburg. Maybe it's the flea market which I love together with the food vendors or because it's in the old neighborhood I grew up in or maybe because I find it more laid back with the Pratt crowd and surrounding trees. Supposedly there was an Anne Hathaway sighting there this past weekend. 

People's pops just opened a store front location in Park Slope on Union Street and hot off the presses, the founders just published a people's pop book (Ten Speed Press, June 2012) with recipes for 55 of their amazing pops, ice and some boozy variations and the photography by Jennifer May looks amazing as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment