Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Brooklyn Photo of The Week : Baccalà

Photo © Valery Rizzo

I found all of this Baccalà outside of Coluccio, in Bay Ridge around Christmas time. I have never been a big fan myself of dry salted fish, but I can appreciate it for what it is and I thought it was interesting. I even once had it in Rome, but no could do.

Whenever I want to feel like I am in Italy again, Coluccio is the place to go. Almost everyone speaks Italian as a first language and you can find all those specialty items from Italy that make me reminisce. Recently I found those gorgeous multicolor sprinkles for my holiday struffoli, Farro pasta (very meaty), and this Venetian Bigoli Nobili Radicchio Rosso (red radicchio) Spaghetti I adore, which is made from durum semolina, is this deep dark reddish bronze color and has an amazing flavor. They also sell espresso cups, machines, biscotti, chocolate, cheeses, meats, Brooklyn gum, you name it.

D. Coluccio & Sons, Inc. 1214-20 60th Street, Brooklyn, New York.


No comments:

Post a Comment