Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Eagle Street Rooftop Farm

All images © Valery Rizzo


While working on an exciting exhibition project, which I'm hoping to tell you about as soon as I can, I needed to shoot more horizontal photographs as I usually shoot most things vertically and the subject was Eagle Street Rooftop Farm. If you haven't been it's probably one of the most magical places I can think of in Brooklyn. Located across the East River in Greenpoint, it sits on top of a warehouse roof and is a 6,000 square feet organic vegetable farm with bees, rabbits, chickens, butterflies and birds. They offer a CSA, a farm market, workshops, you can volunteer your farming skills and they also supply fresh produce to area restaurants. Anyway I can’t say enough good things about this farm and especially co-founder and director/farmer Annie Novak, she simply amazes me and all that she does! I bought home with me an assortment of hot peppers, the farm’s homemade hot sauce, oregano, two kinds of kale, radishes, lots of mizuna and green and purple basil. 



No comments:

Post a Comment